Sunday, March 28, 2010

Video Fest

It's hard to believe I have been back at work for a month now. Aryana seems to be adjusting fairly well. It's really helped that both Linda and my mom have been driving here to babysit. It was a rough start when she was at my mom's for a whole day. I think she would handle it much better now though. She doesn't cry much when I leave but she is MUCH more attached to her soother and blanket now. She sucked on her soother all day today, whereas she only used her soother before bed when I was home. Oh well, I'll worry about weaning the soother at a later date.

Both my jobs are going well. Hunter Physiotherapy seems to be a great place to work. They are very focused on providing client centered care by allowing us to spend more time with our patients. They book only 2 patients an hour when usually it's 4 per hour. So that results to a less stressful day and more satisfied patients. Another great thing is that I'm an employee so I'm earning hours for EI benefits to use if I'm fortunate to have another baby. It is also really great to see people soon after the injury occurred. The hospital has such a long wait list the most the the conditions are chronic that we see, which results in a longer treatment time and poorer prognosis.

I do miss my friends at Concordia though. I was "buddying" on Wednesday so it was great to see everyone. There isn't as much companionship (is that the right word?) in private practice. It's great to have so many people to ask for help or share ideas with at the hospital. Working weekends is going really well.

Aryana continues to entertain us. She does say a few words and is walking around everywhere. She mostly likes to be carried as she points to where she wants to go. Which can be annoying sometimes if she doesn't quite know what she wants because we end up going in circles. Aryana continues to eat and sleep well which I am very grateful for.

The first video is the first time we were able to record Aryana walking. She took her first 3 steps on February 6 and this is on her first birthday, February 27.

The second video is when Aryana discovered how to make her walkie talkies beep. I just love the faces she makes!

The third video is Aryana playing. She was having a blast going from one toy to another. She LOVES the blocks that Oma Linda got her. She's quite good at stacking them (not so much in this video though).

No comments: