Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baby Shower

My sister in law put together a baby shower to honor little Aryana this past weekend. I must say it turned out amazing. I tried to say a thank you speech but ended up crying instead, so I thought I could write what I intended to say (and a little more).

Thank you to...

My mom: She helped me in so many ways throughout my pregnancy and continues to be a great help and support. She was able to tolerate my moodiness when I was frustrated at not being able to do things myself when I was pregnant. She provided a beautifully clean house for the shower and helped prepare the food and decorate.

Linda: For supporting Ben and I and also hosting a shower in January.

Karen: One of the most creative and organized people I know. She hosted a great shower. She was so generous with her time and providing a lot of the food for the shower. The basement was decorated so beautifully.
.
Auntie Barb: For cooking delicious hors'dourves for the shower and serving everyone during the shower. I would also like to mention Joanne and Carolyn who provided Aryana with a pack-n-play, swing, cloth diapers, A LOT of clothing and other miscellaneous things.

Uncle Gerry: For helping set up the basement for the shower and preparing and serving the food at the shower.
.
Chris: For helping to decorate the basement and assisting Karen with whatever she needed to do.

My dad: For helping greet the guests, working behind the scene and cleaning up.

Anyone who brought dessert and other food, you know who you are.

Everyone for their prayers and support throughout my pregnancy. Our prayers were answered. Ben and I are blessed with a healthy baby girl. Thanks to those who attended and for your generous gifts. Aryana will not be wanting for anything. In fact, I think I'll have to change her 3 times a day to make use of all the clothing she has.



The best surprise was my sister, Michelle, flying in from Calgary to attend the shower. She also helped with the set up for the shower and took pictures on the day. (I don't have any pictures of the shower to share.)





Aryana is a really great baby. Ben and I have had a few sleepless nights but overall she's a joy. She is much more alert now and is beginning to smile. She is very vocal and always seems to be making noise.
She does not take a soother very often.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

wow! you can definitely tell you two are sisters. Cute pics!

Linda said...

Awwww. You're making me cry again. I agree. There were so many people who helped with the shower. It was a great one!

tena_mom said...

Keep the pictures coming. Very very cute daughter you have there.