Ben and I spent yesterday morning at St. Boniface Hospital. Most of the time was just spent waiting. When I was scheduled to remove the stitch the doctor needed to deliver a baby. So Ben and I watched "Hitch" on Kristen's laptop to pass the time.
Dr. Awadalla was able to remove the stitch without difficulty and only moderate discomfort for me. They monitored me and the baby for 5 minutes then we were allowed to go home. The worst part was fasting from the night before. Dr. Awadalla stated that now that the baby is bigger there is LESS stress on the cervix. More of the baby's weight rests on my pelvic bones than the soft tissues. He made a joke that he'll end up inducing me at 42 weeks. I've mentally prepared for a premature labour, a long and painful labour, needing an epidural, requiring an emergency C-section, I haven't quite accepted an episiotomy, but I have not thought even a little about being induced!
I have no activity limitations (besides from regular pregnancy difficulties) at this time. I am looking forward to being more active around the house and shopping a little. I didn't do much yesterday because I didn't want to worsen the bleeding.
The nursery is pretty close to being ready. There are just little things to work out. For instance, this morning I realized I don't have a garbage can next to the changing table (my old desk).
We are so thankful to have made it to 36 weeks. Thank you for all your prayers and support!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hopefully you don't have to wait until 42 weeks to meet her. I think it would be awesome if she came around Valentines day! I would get see her first hand as a newborn :) I hope you don't need an episiotomy either. They don't sound very nice. Anywho, we're excited for you both! Post some pic's of the nursery!
36 weeks! That is truly wonderful. Bring on the excercise! We don't want her to be late!
I'm pretty sure episiotomies are fairly rare nowadays - unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. Good news for you, compared to 20 or 30 years ago, when they were considered basically routine. Congratulations on making it this far!
Wow. Interesting stuff.
That is a lot of women, too.
Post a Comment