New Year's resolutions are a funny thing. I have only ever made one, and of course it was to exercise regularly. It was my first year of physio school and I made it to mid-March when the greulling exam schedule caused me to quit my exercise routine. Neither Ben nor I made a resolution this year, our focus is on bringing a healthy baby girl into the world.
We had a great time at Ryan and Nicole's on New Year's eve. Our parties sure have changed. The children almost out numbered the adults. We had a blast playing Wii fit. Ben looked HILARIOUS trying to do the hola hoop. I was crying I was laughing so hard. I thought I would share a clip of Ryan.
I really enjoyed having Ben home for the holiday week. I'll miss him when he returns to work on Monday. He was much more relaxed and for the first time ever we slept in until 10:00 all week. (I usually wake up early.)
I went to the obstetrician today and he scheduled the removal of the cervical stitch. I'll be going into St. Boniface triage on Saturday, January 31. I'm supposed to call prior to going to see if they are too busy, at which time I'm not sure what happens.
I think our daughter is already showing some personality. The nurse was palpating my belly to feel the position of the baby and the baby started kicking and moving like crazy. The nurse laughed and said to make sure we try to video tape her moving. The nurse then took the baby's heart rate with the doppler machine and her heart was racing. It only took a few seconds for her to calm down. So, our daughter seems to be a little feisty.
One thing that surprised me was I gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm happy that our little girl is growing healthily. And, only one more month of bedrest!!!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Why wouldn't they leave the stitch in until just before your due date? Couldn't the baby come early if they take it out??
He doesn't want to leave the stitch in longer because if do go into labour the stitch can burst or injure my cervix. At 36 weeks the baby most likely will be happy and healthy.
Post a Comment