Thursday, January 8, 2009

Milkshakes

I have not had a milkshake since the first year Ben and I were married. We were living in our first apartment on St. Mary's and we splurged one evening for A&W. Since I am unable to cook, Ben needs a break and we got coupons in the mail we decided to pick up some A&W. (I think it's the third time since we have been married that I have had fast food due to allergy/cleansing diets.) I was so excited to have a milkshake, as anyone who knows me I LOVE ice cream. I even prepared for it during the day. I did not eat any other sweets and made sure I was hungry when Ben came home.

When Ben arrived home with "dinner" he did not have a milkshake. Apparently, A&W was "out of" milkshakes. I couldn't believe it. It's been over 4 years since I've treated myself to a milkshake and now I was denied that pleasure. Oh well, it's an excuse to get one another time.

3 comments:

Chantal Wiebe, M.Ed said...

too bad!

mmichele said...

There is no justice in this world!!!

ccap said...

Oh man, you just made me crave a milkshake. Thanks for that.

Reminds me of the time J-L went to Robin's Donuts due to a donut craving. He came back to the car, shaking his head and carrying a scone. I looked at him, confused: "I thought you wanted a donut?" Yeah, apparently Robin's DONUTS was out of donuts.