Ahhh....it's nice to feel human again. I'm still taking T3's to manage the coughing at night but overall I feel much better. Thanks for all your words of wisdom.
I was looking forward to finally being able to join in the fun at Pinewood Lodge with the Postma side of the family this year. I'm on the low end of the totem pole at work, therefore I cannot get holidays around Christmas. This year I was so excited the annual trip landed on a weekend. As fate would have it, I will not be able to join in the festivities this year. I know I would be too anxious if something were to happen and I would be tempted to be more active than I am able to be at this time. There's always next year...
I was actually enjoying the rest and relaxation, until now. It doesn't feel much like Christmas because I am not doing my usual activities. I really enjoy Christmas shopping and setting up the decorations but this year Ben is stoically completing the 'chores'. He also registered for our baby shower with Alisha. Surprisingly, he seemed to have fun. It was really adorable when my 6 foot 3 inch, 200 pound husband returned home happily claiming he found the "cutest pink bunny towel and frog humidifier". We have also set up a few things in the nursery, but I was able to fold the little clothes we've been given. I just feel like I'm missing out on stuff.
On a happier note, I'm really enjoying winter this year. I love to watch the beautiful fluffy snowflakes, listen to Christmas music, drinking hot chocolate all warm and cozy in my home. I do not have to venture out in the snow, scrape off an icy snow covered car, drive in blizzard like conditions and freeze my butt off. Winter is much more beautiful indoors!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'll have to ask Ben about the cutest pink bunny towel! He's such a softie.
I bet that Ben wears bunny slippers around the house.
I have been so impressed with how you have handled all of this. Your attitude has been so positive that you have inspired me.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment