Monday, December 22, 2008

Milestone Reached!!!

30 weeks!!! 10 weeks ago when we found out about my high risk of premature delivery I was told I needed to be on bed rest until 30 weeks. It felt light years away at that time and now it's here! My obstetrician has extended the bed rest until 34 weeks. I think he just splits things up so the parents aren't so overwhelmed. I have also completed half of the medication to help delay labor, scheduling the removal of the cerclage has been discussed (last week of January or first week of February), as well as labor and delivery. I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Every 2 weeks is a milestone now. At 32 weeks the survival rate is 97%, at 34 weeks the baby's lungs are fully developed, at 36 weeks the baby would be small but most likely able to avoid a stay in neonatal ICU.

Christmas is this week!!! Christmas is my favourite holiday. I've missed out on a lot this year but I'm looking forward to the family gatherings and celebrations. I love the decorations and I can now listen to Christmas carols without Ben teasing me. I am continuing to enjoy winter from my warm spot on the couch. Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 comment:

Heather Plett said...

Yay! I'm happy to hear that you've made it to 30 weeks!