I am already reaping the rewards of being a mother. Last Monday night dinner Ben's Oma was holding Aryana and Wes and Linda were doting on her, Aryana was looking around. When i walked by she looked at me and SMILED. I felt awesome.
Even though there are so many mothers, each child is a miracle. Imagine, millions of neurons, muscles, bones, organs, blood, etc. are derived from 2 half cells. After studying anatomy in depth it is incredible that a baby is equipped with everything she needs for a lifetime. It's amazing that there aren't more sick children in the world. I don't know how someone can feel a child in their tummy and witness a birth and not believe in some sort of higher power.
.
Becoming a mother is also the only occupation that you can never take a break from, quit or retire. But after long hours and hard work you may get promoted to grandmother or even great-grandmother. Something I am realizing more and more each day. It was really great having my mom around after giving birth to Aryana. Especially during the weeping episodes. (Something I wish I was warned more about. So a warning to any new expecting mothers, you'll cry for no reason a couple times a day for about 2 weeks after you give birth.)
Ben took a couple pictures of me and Aryana. Since I'm usually at the business end of things I haven't been in any pictures with Aryana since the hospital.


2 comments:
Congratulations on your first Mother's Day!
She is so precious. And in her eyes, her mommy and daddy are the most beautiful people in the world. There is no greater feeling than that.
Post a Comment