Friday, November 28, 2008

My First Pregnancy

I have mostly been resistant to the technological age but...since Ben does own a Blackberry I guess I could break the mold too and start a blog site. Plus, I thought this would be a great way to keep in touch with out of town family and friends.

I'll provide a quick summary of my pregnancy. I found out I was pregnant on July 1, 2008. I had to keep it a secret for 6 whole weeks. We broke the news to our family around Linda's birthday, I still smile at the memory. My pregnancy was fairly uneventful until the ultrasound on October 15, 2008. Ben and I found out I have an "incompetent cervix". At that time I discontinued working and was put on modified bedrest. I had surgery on October 24, 2008 to close my cervix and have been waiting around ever since.

I am getting closer and closer to the critical 30 week mark, which is Christmas. Every day that passes by uneventful is a relief.

It is amazing to feel her moving inside me. The past 2 nights she actually kept me awake because she kept kicking me in the ribs. I melt inside when Ben feels his daughter moving because he smiles the most pure and innocent smile. I know Ben will be an amazing father.

We'll see how consistent I am with my entries...

5 comments:

mmichele said...

I know he'll be an amazing father, too. He was good with my babies when he was 13 years old. His own? It will be very cool.

Chantal Wiebe, M.Ed said...

ditto

Linda said...

Can't wait to see Ben a daddy. And welcome to the word of bloggers!

Unknown said...

We know that you are both ready to make the committment to parenthood. We are looking forward to spoiling our granddaughter.

Alisha said...

I'm so glad you are blogging!! You will both be awesome parents. I can't wait to meet this little girl!